Friday, April 19, 2013

~My New Pals~

Firstly I would like to introduce to you one of my new pal, ACER Aspire V5!

2013-04-19-499

Bought it since quite a month, with a Windows 8 OS and touch screen. Its processing speed is quite fast for now, take around 1 minute to start up. I was looking for a non touch screen one, as the price would be cheaper, but the salesman told me that for this batch, all are equipped with touch screens… Oh well, nevermind.

2013-04-19-500

Yes, on its left it’s my old Acer resting in peace, but nope, it’s not broken yet! It’s still usable! Just the processing power…erm…And my wacom resting on it.

What I am dissatisfied about this new pal is that: its touchpad covers too large a space such that when I am using it to draw on Painter and when I had to use the shortcut keys, it senses my hand movement and moves my cursor away, or blocks my stylus’ movement a little. And it’s heavy too…yet for me to be able to draw on a larger screen which is portable, V5 became my final choice. The salesman did suggest me to take a SONY or a MAC if I wish to use laptops to process graphics, but…my wallet is not that full!

Now introducing my second new mate, Corel Painter 12!

image

Bought its downloadable version in English from its official website, it actually costs me around 4,000TWD less than if I had bought it in Mandarin version, I wonder what features in the Mandarin ver. could have raised its price so much? The translation fees?

Its interface, as compared to Painter IX.5, is way more smoother and pleasurable to my eyes. The brush strokes appear even more realistic, and the running of the software is better compared to using my old friends. I can even run various programmes simultaneously now without one affecting the other (for e.g. Livestreaming, Windows Media Player…etc)

So as from now on I’ll be using more of my new pals to help me in my works! Hope that we will be able to have a long term relationship like me and my old friends did! (My previous Acer came to me around 2006) Even though I am still trying to get along with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment