Tuesday, October 1, 2013

~Shitsuji & Maid Cafe experience part I~

Shitsuji, also known as Butler, as the word says, is someone in charge of domestic works in a large household. In recent past, cafes in the theme of Shitsuji have grown in numbers in Taiwan, not as much as the maid cafes though. During my stay in Taiwan, I grabbed my courage and visited some Shitsuji cafes that I have been able to locate!

Chitty Mood Facebook Fanpage: http://on.fb.me/1bFkhUp

I have visited Chitty Mood at least thrice, always accompanied by either sisters or friends. There is a doorbell (electric) on the outside which you should press to “summon” a shitsuji. He will open the door to greet you, ask you how many persons are “going home”, then request to take the bags/handbags of the ladies.

DSC02406DSC02407DSC02401DSC08931

Once seated, the shitsuji will hand you the menu, explain the rules of the cafe while kneeling! (depends, it did not happen every time I visited).

DSC02375DSC02383

During the waiting period for the meal or dessert to be prepared, you can sit and read the mangas provided there, or write in the shitsuji’s exchange diaries. From time to time, the shitsujis will even come to have a light conversation with you, which in my case, is very short, as we were shy and did not share common topic of conversation, wahahaha~Finally our meal came! The shitsuji asked if we need their service…that is…to cut the waffle! Once two shitsujis even proposed to have a competition between themselves to see who can complete the task faster, and in the end, when it is finally done, we were commentless…(see lower left photo below)

DSC08937DSC02388DSC02387DSC08935

I did enjoy at Chitty Mood, and am sure to revisit it once again when I will go back to Taiwan later~! Still, not alone though~! (> w <)

Wisteria Shitsuji Cafe Facebook Fanpage:http://on.fb.me/1fnf84f

Wisteria, the second Shitsuji cafe that I have visited later in 2013. It is quite a difficult place to find though. By the time I visited, it was already in the afternoon…and…no waffle…TwT! The shitsujis weren’t dressed like one and I think it’s due to their shift was ending very soon (and I was right about that). I was disappointed with the microwave taste of the food, also the atmosphere of the day when I visited. There were two girls sitting next to our table, and one of them was holding a big teddy bear and kept on sobbing for I don’t know what reason. We finished the food rapidly and left. I might give Wisteria another try next time…’might’~ehe~

DSC00137DSC00138

No comments:

Post a Comment